Denison School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Denison School District serving 309 students in Idabel, Oklahoma.
- Minority enrollment is 40% of the student body (majority American Indian), which is less than the Oklahoma state average of 51%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is less than the state average of 17:1.
Denison School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Idabel Denison Public School3001 East Washington
Idabel, OK 74745
Grades: PK-8 | 309 students
|School District Name||Denison School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||309 students|
|# of Teachers||21 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
|# of Male Students||135 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||174 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||54 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||5 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||16 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||15 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||186 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||33 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||26|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||54|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||41|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||32|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||42|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||33|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||24|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||19|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||16|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||22|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Denison School District, which is ranked within the top 10% of all 531 school districts in Oklahoma (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (OK)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $6,282 in this school district is less than the state average of $8,236. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $6,912 is less than the state average of $8,831. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OK)|
|Total Revenue||$2 MM||$4 MM|
|Spending||$2 MM||$4 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$6,282||$8,236|
|Spending / Student||$6,912||$8,831|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.