Hugo School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 4 public schools managed by Hugo School District serving 1,168 students in Hugo, Oklahoma.
- Minority enrollment is 67% of the student body (majority Black and American Indian), which is more than the Oklahoma state average of 50%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is equal to the state average of 16:1.
Hugo School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Hugo Hugo Elementary School1100 David Roebuck Lane
Hugo, OK 74743
Grades: PK-3 | 462 students
- Hugo Hugo Intermediate505 N 8th Street
Hugo, OK 74743
Grades: 4-5 | 171 students
- Hugo Hugo Middle School300 North E Street
Hugo, OK 74743
Grades: 6-8 | 220 students
|School District Name||Hugo School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,168 students|
|# of Teachers||72 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
|# of Male Students||580 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||588 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||326 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||5 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||52 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||328 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||387 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||69 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||75|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||114|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||95|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||91|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||87|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||89|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||82|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||73|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||84|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||63|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||95|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||70|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||66|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||84|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Hugo School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 531 school districts in Oklahoma (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 70-74% has decreased from 85-89% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (OK)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $8,474 in this school district is less than the state average of $9,775. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,414 is less than the state average of $10,481. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OK)|
|Total Revenue||$10 MM||$4 MM|
|Spending||$11 MM||$4 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$8,474||$9,775|
|Spending / Student||$9,414||$10,481|
Learn about the pros and cons of separating 9th grade from high school.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.