Hugo School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 4 public schools managed by Hugo School District serving 1,168 students in Hugo, Oklahoma.
- Minority enrollment is 67% of the student body (majority Black and American Indian), which is more than the Oklahoma state average of 50%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is equal to the state average of 16:1.
Hugo School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Hugo Hugo Elementary School1100 David Roebuck Lane
Hugo, OK 74743
Grades: PK-3 | 462 students
- Hugo Hugo Intermediate505 N 8th Street
Hugo, OK 74743
Grades: 4-5 | 171 students
- Hugo Hugo Middle School300 North E Street
Hugo, OK 74743
Grades: 6-8 | 220 students
|School District Name||Hugo School District|
|# of Schools||4|
|# of Students||1,168|
|# of Teachers||72|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16|
|# of Male Students||580|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||588|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||326|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||5|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||52|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||328|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||387|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||69|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||75|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||114|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||95|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||91|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||87|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||89|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||82|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||73|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||84|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||63|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||95|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||70|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||66|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||84|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Hugo School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 531 school districts in Oklahoma (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 70-74% has decreased from 85-89% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (OK)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $8,474 is higher than the state average of $8,255. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,414 is higher than the state average of $8,852. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OK)|
|Total Revenue||$10 MM||$4 MM|
|Spending||$11 MM||$4 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$8,474||$8,255|
|Spending / Student||$9,414||$8,852|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.