Macomb School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Macomb School District serving 268 students in Macomb, Oklahoma.
- Minority enrollment is 36% of the student body (majority American Indian), which is less than the Oklahoma state average of 51%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is less than the state average of 17:1.
|School District Name||Macomb School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||268 students|
|# of Teachers||19 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
|# of Male Students||137 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||131 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||44 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||1 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||13 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||6 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||172 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||32 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||13|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||17|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||17|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||27|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||23|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||15|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||21|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||22|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||16|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||19|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||19|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||19|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||25|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||15|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Macomb School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 531 school districts in Oklahoma (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 40-59% has decreased from 60-79% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (OK)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||10-14%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $8,666 is higher than the state average of $8,236. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $8,863 is higher than the state average of $8,831. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OK)|
|Total Revenue||$3 MM||$4 MM|
|Spending||$3 MM||$4 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$8,666||$8,236|
|Spending / Student||$8,863||$8,831|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.