Sallisaw School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 4 public schools managed by Sallisaw School District serving 2,000 students in Sallisaw, Oklahoma.
- Minority enrollment is 56% of the student body (majority American Indian), which is more than the Oklahoma state average of 51%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is less than the state average of 17:1.
Sallisaw School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Sallisaw Eastside Elementary School1206 East Creek Avenue
Sallisaw, OK 74955
Grades: 3-5 | 413 students
- Sallisaw Liberty Elementary School136 South Dogwood Street
Sallisaw, OK 74955
Grades: PK-2 | 603 students
- Sallisaw Sallisaw Middle School2101 West Ruth Street
Sallisaw, OK 74955
Grades: 6-8 | 393 students
|School District Name||Sallisaw School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||2,000 students|
|# of Teachers||125 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
|# of Male Students||980 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,020 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||732 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||31 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||182 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||38 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||878 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||138 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||136|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||181|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||133|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||152|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||134|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||151|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||128|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||119|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||146|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||119|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||165|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||158|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||136|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||110|
|# of Ungraded Students:||32|
- Sallisaw School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 531 school districts in Oklahoma (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 70-74% has decreased from 80-84% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (OK)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $7,678 in this school district is less than the state average of $8,236. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $7,854 is less than the state average of $8,831. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OK)|
|Total Revenue||$16 MM||$4 MM|
|Spending||$16 MM||$4 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$7,678||$8,236|
|Spending / Student||$7,854||$8,831|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.