Fern Ridge SD 28J School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 3 public elementary schools managed by Fern Ridge SD 28J School District serving 903 students in Elmira, Oregon.
- Minority enrollment is 14% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Oregon state average of 37%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 22:1 is more than the state average of 20:1.
Fern Ridge SD 28J School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Elmira Elmira Elementary School88960 Territorial Rd
Elmira, OR 97437
Grades: K-5 | 250 students
- Elmira Fern Ridge Middle School88831 Territorial Rd
Elmira, OR 97437
Grades: 6-8 | 313 students
- Veneta Veneta Elementary School88131 Territorial Rd
Veneta, OR 97487
Grades: K-5 | 340 students
|School District Name||Fern Ridge SD 28J School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,407 students|
|# of Teachers||66 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
|# of Male Students||727 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||680 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||32 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||9 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||96 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||16 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,210 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||3 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||41 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||80|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||72|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||93|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||118|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||117|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||110|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||106|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||109|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||98|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||131|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||98|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||121|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||154|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Fern Ridge SD 28J School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 188 school districts in Oregon (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 60-64% has increased from 55-59% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (OR)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,448 in this school district is less than the state average of $11,340. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,136 is less than the state average of $11,381. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OR)|
|Total Revenue||$16 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$15 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,448||$11,340|
|Spending / Student||$10,136||$11,381|
Public school graduates in New Haven can now go to college on Yale’s dime. Learn more about the New Haven Promise that could spark similar programs across the country.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.
Students all over the nation go hungry every day not because their schools don’t offer lunch, but because they refuse them to children with outstanding debts. Read on to learn about the horror that is lunch shaming and what can be done about it.