Harney County SD 3 School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 4 public schools managed by Harney County SD 3 School District serving 866 students in Burns, Oregon.
- Minority enrollment is 18% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Oregon state average of 37%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is less than the state average of 20:1.
Harney County SD 3 School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Burns Burns Alternative School 550 N Court Ave
Burns, OR 97720
Grades: 6-12 | 4 students
- Burns Burns High School1100 Oregon Ave
Burns, OR 97720
Grades: 9-12 | 264 students
- Burns Henry L Slater Elementary School800 N Fairview Ave
Burns, OR 97720
Grades: K-5 | 415 students
- Hines Hines Middle School500 W Barnes Ave
Hines, OR 97738
Grades: 6-8 | 183 students
|School District Name||Harney County SD 3 School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||866 students|
|# of Teachers||52 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
|# of Male Students||454 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||412 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||29 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||4 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||69 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||714 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||50 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||72|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||65|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||74|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||70|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||57|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||77|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||60|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||67|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||58|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||67|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||69|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||73|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||57|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Harney County SD 3 School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 188 school districts in Oregon (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 85-89% has increased from 75-79% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (OR)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $12,185 is higher than the state average of $11,340. The school district revenue/student has declined by 5% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $12,429 is higher than the state average of $11,381. The school district spending/student has declined by 5% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OR)|
|Total Revenue||$10 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$11 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$12,185||$11,340|
|Spending / Student||$12,429||$11,381|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.