North Santiam SD 29J School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 5 public schools managed by North Santiam SD 29J School District serving 2,303 students in Lyons, Oregon.
- Minority enrollment is 24% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Oregon state average of 37%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is less than the state average of 20:1.
North Santiam SD 29J School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Lyons Mari-linn Elementary School641 5th St
Lyons, OR 97358
Grades: K-8 | 219 students
- Stayton Stayton Elementary School875 N 3rd
Stayton, OR 97383
Grades: K-3 | 438 students
- Stayton Stayton High School757 W Locust St
Stayton, OR 97383
Grades: 9-12 | 686 students
- Sublimity Sublimity Elementary School431 Main St
Sublimity, OR 97385
Grades: K-8 | 389 students
|School District Name||North Santiam SD 29J School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||2,303 students|
|# of Teachers||121 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
|# of Male Students||1,129 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,174 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||20 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||11 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||383 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||30 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,746 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||16 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||97 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||157|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||160|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||170|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||208|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||168|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||189|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||186|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||194|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||185|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||181|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||170|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||189|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||146|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- North Santiam SD 29J School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 188 school districts in Oregon (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80-84% has increased from 70% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (OR)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $8,700 in this school district is less than the state average of $11,340. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,088 is less than the state average of $11,381. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OR)|
|Total Revenue||$21 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$22 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$8,700||$11,340|
|Spending / Student||$9,088||$11,381|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.