Phoenix-Talent SD 4 School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 6 public schools managed by Phoenix-Talent SD 4 School District serving 2,645 students in Phoenix, Oregon.
- Minority enrollment is 43% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Oregon state average of 37%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 20:1 is equal to the state average of 20:1.
Phoenix-Talent SD 4 School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Medford Orchard Hill Elementary School1011 Laloma Dr
Medford, OR 97504
Grades: K-5 | 430 students
- Phoenix Phoenix Elementary School215 N Rose St
Phoenix, OR 97535
Grades: K-5 | 370 students
- Phoenix Phoenix High School745 N Rose St
Phoenix, OR 97535
Grades: 9-12 | 714 students
- Talent Talent Elementary School307 W Wagner Ave
Talent, OR 97540
Grades: K-5 | 484 students
- Talent Talent Middle School102 Christian Ave
Talent, OR 97540
Grades: 6-8 | 551 students
|School District Name||Phoenix-Talent SD 4 School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||2,645 students|
|# of Teachers||131 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
|# of Male Students||1,295 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,350 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||54 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||19 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||911 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||24 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,506 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||18 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||113 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||209|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||231|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||214|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||213|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||214|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||203|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||208|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||184|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||171|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||193|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||198|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||194|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||213|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Phoenix-Talent SD 4 School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 188 school districts in Oregon (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 74% has increased from 56% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (OR)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,170 in this school district is less than the state average of $11,340. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,375 is less than the state average of $11,381. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OR)|
|Total Revenue||$27 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$25 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,170||$11,340|
|Spending / Student||$9,375||$11,381|
We provide an overview and current status of the Race to the Top program that was designed as an incentive and funding program to promote education reform in public school districts across the country.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.