Ovid-elsie Comm. Ed./alt. High School
- Ovid-elsie Comm. Ed./alt. High School's student population of 47 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 1 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||47 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Ovid-elsie Comm. Ed./alt. High School is ranked within the top 50% of all 3,159 schools in Michigan (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 47:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MI)|
|Overall School Rank||#1081 out of 3,159 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||47:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Ovid-Elsie Area s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ovid Leonard Elementary School Grades: K-2 | 343 students
732 Mabbit Rd
Ovid, MI 48866
(989)834-5029 0.4 K-2 343
- Elsie Ovid-elsie Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 375 students
4041 North Hollister Rd
Elsie, MI 48831
(989)862-4237 2.5 6-8 375
- Elsie E.e. Knight Elementary School Grades: 3-5 | 330 students
215 North Tyler Dr
Elsie, MI 48831
(989)862-5170 5.6 3-5 330
- Laingsburg Laingsburg Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 494 students
117 Prospect St
Laingsburg, MI 48848
(517)651-5067 8.0 K-5 494
Nearby Homes for Sale
Parents around the country are partaking in the Save Our Schools March to help maintain funding for our education system. Learn more about this movement and how you can get involved.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.