Ovid-elsie Middle School
- Ovid-elsie Middle School's student population of 375 students has grown by 56% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has grown by 41% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||375 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Ovid-elsie Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 22:1 has increased from 20:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MI)|
|Overall School Rank||#1655 out of 3,159 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Ovid-Elsie Area s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Elsie Ovid-elsie Comm. Ed./alt. High School Grades: 9-12 | 47 students
732 N. Mabbit Rd.
Elsie, MI 48831
(989)834-2271 2.5 9-12 47
- Ovid Leonard Elementary School Grades: K-2 | 343 students
732 Mabbit Rd
Ovid, MI 48866
(989)834-5029 2.6 K-2 343
- Elsie E.e. Knight Elementary School Grades: 3-5 | 330 students
215 North Tyler Dr
Elsie, MI 48831
(989)862-5170 3.1 3-5 330
- Eureka Eureka School Grades: K-12 | 142 students
7500 North Welling Rd
Eureka, MI 48833
(989)227-4900 7.3 K-12 142
- Lansing Lifetech Academy Grades: 7-12 | 206 students
3101 Technology Blvd
Lansing, MI 48910
(517)325-5469 8.9 7-12 206
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.