Allegheny Valley SD School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 3 public schools managed by Allegheny Valley SD School District serving 943 students in Cheswick, Pennsylvania.
- Minority enrollment is 5% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is less than the Pennsylvania state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is equal to the state average of 15:1.
Allegheny Valley SD School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Cheswick Acmetonia Primary School300 Pearl Street
Cheswick, PA 15024
Grades: K-3 | 284 students
- Springdale Colfax Upper Elementary School430 Colfax St
Springdale, PA 15144
Grades: 4-6 | 209 students
- Springdale Springdale Junior Senior High School501 Butler Rd
Springdale, PA 15144
Grades: 7-12 | 450 students
|School District Name||Allegheny Valley SD School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||943 students|
|# of Teachers||63 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
|# of Male Students||499 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||444 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||6 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||11 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||11 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||892 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||23 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||77|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||69|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||58|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||80|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||72|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||72|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||65|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||77|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||76|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||68|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||65|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||85|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||79|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Allegheny Valley SD School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 663 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $20,934 is higher than the state average of $13,057. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $22,811 is higher than the state average of $12,924. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$21 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$23 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$20,934||$13,057|
|Spending / Student||$22,811||$12,924|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.