Antietam SD School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 3 public schools managed by Antietam SD School District serving 1,053 students in Reading, Pennsylvania.
- Minority enrollment is 42% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Pennsylvania state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Antietam SD School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Reading Antietam Middle School High School100 Antietam Rd
Reading, PA 19606
Grades: 7-12 | 436 students
- Reading Mt Penn Elementary School2310 Cumberland Ave
Reading, PA 19606
Grades: 2-6 | 448 students
- Reading Mt Penn Primary Center201 North 25th Street
Reading, PA 19606
Grades: K-1 | 169 students
|School District Name||Antietam SD School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,053 students|
|# of Teachers||85 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
|# of Male Students||541 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||512 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||6 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||316 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||69 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||615 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||44 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||81|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||88|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||81|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||102|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||93|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||84|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||89|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||90|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||62|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||65|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||68|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||85|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||65|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Antietam SD School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 663 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has increased from 75-79% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $14,359 is higher than the state average of $13,057. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $13,208 is higher than the state average of $12,924. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$15 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$14 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$14,359||$13,057|
|Spending / Student||$13,208||$12,924|
Increasing birth rates among immigrant families from Asia and Central and South America, combined with lower birth rates among white families, means that for the first time in history, public school students in the United States are majority-minority. This shift in demographics poses difficulties for schools as they work to accommodate children of varying language abilities and socio-economic backgrounds.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.