Baldwin-Whitehall SD School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 5 public schools managed by Baldwin-Whitehall SD School District serving 4,233 students in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- Minority enrollment is 24% of the student body (majority Asian), which is less than the Pennsylvania state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is more than the state average of 15:1.
Baldwin-Whitehall SD School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Pittsburgh Harrison Middle School129 Windvale Dr
Pittsburgh, PA 15236
Grades: 6-8 | 973 students
- Pittsburgh Mcannulty Elementary School5151 Mcannulty Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15236
Grades: K-1 | 378 students
- Pittsburgh Paynter Elementary School3454 Pleasantvue Dr
Pittsburgh, PA 15227
Grades: K-5 | 770 students
- Pittsburgh Whitehall Elementary School4900 Curry Rd
Pittsburgh, PA 15236
Grades: 2-5 | 707 students
|School District Name||Baldwin-Whitehall SD School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||4,233 students|
|# of Teachers||233 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
|# of Male Students||2,095 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||2,138 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||4 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||515 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||85 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||241 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||3,212 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||174 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||308|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||323|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||319|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||311|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||282|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||312|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||309|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||327|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||337|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||367|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||330|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||353|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||355|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Baldwin-Whitehall SD School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 663 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 93% has decreased from 95% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $14,817 is higher than the state average of $13,057. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $12,968 is higher than the state average of $12,924. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$61 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$54 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$14,817||$13,057|
|Spending / Student||$12,968||$12,924|
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.