Blue Mountain SD School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 5 public schools managed by Blue Mountain SD School District serving 2,651 students in Cressona, Pennsylvania.
- Minority enrollment is 6% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Pennsylvania state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is equal to the state average of 15:1.
Blue Mountain SD School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Cressona Blue Mountain El Cressona School45 Wilder St
Cressona, PA 17929
Grades: 4-5 | 181 students
- Orwigsburg Blue Mountain El East School675 Red Dale Rd
Orwigsburg, PA 17961
Grades: K-5 | 648 students
- Friedensburg Blue Mountain El West School1383 Long Run Rd
Friedensburg, PA 17933
Grades: K-3 | 299 students
- Schuylkill Haven Blue Mountain High School1076 W Market St
Schuylkill Haven, PA 17972
Grades: 9-12 | 853 students
- Orwigsburg Blue Mountain Middle School685 Red Dale Rd
Orwigsburg, PA 17961
Grades: 6-8 | 670 students
|School District Name||Blue Mountain SD School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||2,651 students|
|# of Teachers||182 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
|# of Male Students||1,382 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,269 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||28 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||76 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||24 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||2,479 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||40 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||168|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||166|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||183|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||203|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||181|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||227|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||204|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||218|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||248|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||197|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||226|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||230|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||200|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Blue Mountain SD School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 663 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has increased from 90% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $12,770 in this school district is less than the state average of $13,057. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $13,843 is higher than the state average of $12,924. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$36 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$39 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$12,770||$13,057|
|Spending / Student||$13,843||$12,924|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.