Cocalico SD School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 5 public schools managed by Cocalico SD School District serving 3,074 students in Adamstown, Pennsylvania.
- Minority enrollment is 14% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Pennsylvania state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Cocalico SD School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Adamstown Adamstown Elementary School256 West Main Street
Adamstown, PA 19501
Grades: K-5 | 436 students
- Denver Cocalico Middle SchoolSouth 6th Street
Denver, PA 17517
Grades: 6-8 | 724 students
- Denver Cocalico Senior High SchoolSouth 4th Street
Denver, PA 17517
Grades: 9-12 | 998 students
- Denver Denver Elementary SchoolSouth 4th Street
Denver, PA 17517
Grades: K-5 | 509 students
- Reamstown Reamstown Elementary School44 South Reamstown Road
Reamstown, PA 17567
Grades: PK-5 | 407 students
|School District Name||Cocalico SD School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||3,074 students|
|# of Teachers||213 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
|# of Male Students||1,514 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,560 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||82 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||192 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||46 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||2,654 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||97 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||199|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||213|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||235|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||238|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||231|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||236|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||243|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||244|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||237|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||210|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||266|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||272|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||250|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Cocalico SD School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 663 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 93% has decreased from 96% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $15,274 is higher than the state average of $13,057. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $12,385 is less than the state average of $12,924. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$49 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$39 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$15,274||$13,057|
|Spending / Student||$12,385||$12,924|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.