Dauphin County Technical School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Dauphin County Technical School District serving 1,044 students in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
- Minority enrollment is 51% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Pennsylvania state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Dauphin County Technical School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Harrisburg Dauphin County Technical School 6001 Locust Ln
Harrisburg, PA 17109
Grades: 9-12 | 1044 students
|School District Name||Dauphin County Technical School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,044 students|
|# of Teachers||81 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
|# of Male Students||539 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||505 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||41 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||154 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||301 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||516 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||29 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||270|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||286|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||248|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||240|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- The school district's graduation rate of 98% has increased from 95% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $13,960 is higher than the state average of $13,057. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $14,762 is higher than the state average of $12,924. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$14 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$14 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$13,960||$13,057|
|Spending / Student||$14,762||$12,924|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.