Derry Township SD School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public middle school managed by Derry Township SD School District serving 866 students in Hershey, Pennsylvania.
- Minority enrollment is 25% of the student body (majority Asian), which is less than the Pennsylvania state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Derry Township SD School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Hershey Hershey Middle School500 Homestead Rd
Hershey, PA 17033
Grades: 6-8 | 866 students
|School District Name||Derry Township SD School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||2,867 students|
|# of Teachers||218 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
|# of Male Students||1,385 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,482 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||8 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||339 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||189 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||120 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||2,114 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||95 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||180|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||230|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||231|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||243|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||269|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||275|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||320|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||275|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||291|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||270|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||283|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Derry Township SD School District, which is ranked within the top 10% of all 663 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 93% has decreased from 97% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $14,275 is higher than the state average of $13,057. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $12,720 is less than the state average of $12,924. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$52 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$46 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$14,275||$13,057|
|Spending / Student||$12,720||$12,924|
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.
Students all over the nation go hungry every day not because their schools don’t offer lunch, but because they refuse them to children with outstanding debts. Read on to learn about the horror that is lunch shaming and what can be done about it.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.