East Lycoming SD School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 4 public schools managed by East Lycoming SD School District serving 1,666 students in Lairdsville, Pennsylvania.
- Minority enrollment is 3% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is less than the Pennsylvania state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is equal to the state average of 15:1.
East Lycoming SD School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Lairdsville Carl G Renn Elementary School183 School Lane
Lairdsville, PA 17742
Grades: PK-6 | 241 students
- Picture Rocks George A Ferrell Elementary School34 Court Street
Picture Rocks, PA 17762
Grades: K-6 | 152 students
- Hughesville Hughesville Junior Senior High School349 Cemetery St
Hughesville, PA 17737
Grades: 7-12 | 725 students
- Hughesville Joseph C Ashkar Elementary School350 South Broad Street
Hughesville, PA 17737
Grades: PK-6 | 548 students
|School District Name||East Lycoming SD School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,666 students|
|# of Teachers||108 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
|# of Male Students||822 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||844 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||9 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||13 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||9 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,608 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||4 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||22 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||47|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||136|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||132|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||115|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||135|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||123|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||126|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||127|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||115|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||116|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||133|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||120|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||121|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||120|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- East Lycoming SD School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 663 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has increased from 90-94% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $12,972 in this school district is less than the state average of $13,057. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $12,353 is less than the state average of $12,924. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$22 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$21 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$12,972||$13,057|
|Spending / Student||$12,353||$12,924|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.