Esperanza Academy Charter School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Esperanza Academy Charter School District serving 1,430 students in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Pennsylvania state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is more than the state average of 15:1.
Esperanza Academy Charter School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Philadelphia Esperanza Academy Charter School 301 W Hunting Park Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19140
Grades: 6-12 | 1430 students
|School District Name||Esperanza Academy Charter School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,430 students|
|# of Teachers||83 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
|# of Male Students||685 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||745 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||1 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||1,382 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||43 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||4 students|
|% White Students||n/a|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||220|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||221|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||220|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||223|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||194|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||173|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||179|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Esperanza Academy Charter School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 663 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $11,284 in this school district is less than the state average of $13,057. The school district revenue/student has grown by 16% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,296 is less than the state average of $12,924. The school district spending/student has grown by 16% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$9 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$9 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$11,284||$13,057|
|Spending / Student||$11,296||$12,924|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.