Greater Johnstown SD School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 5 public schools managed by Greater Johnstown SD School District serving 2,941 students in Johnstown, Pennsylvania.
- Minority enrollment is 50% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Pennsylvania state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is equal to the state average of 15:1.
Greater Johnstown SD School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Johnstown East Side Elementary School220 Messenger St
Johnstown, PA 15902
Grades: PK-5 | 686 students
- Johnstown Greater Johnstown Middle School280 Decker Ave
Johnstown, PA 15906
Grades: 6-8 | 612 students
- Johnstown Greater Johnstown School District's Cybe1091 Broad St
Johnstown, PA 15906
Grades: K-12 | 32 students
- Johnstown Greater Johnstown Senior High School222 Central Ave
Johnstown, PA 15902
Grades: 9-12 | 822 students
- Johnstown West Side Elementary School196 Westgate Dr
Johnstown, PA 15905
Grades: PK-5 | 789 students
|School District Name||Greater Johnstown SD School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||2,941 students|
|# of Teachers||196 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
|# of Male Students||1,265 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,676 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||4 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||12 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||88 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||914 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,473 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||449 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||101|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||233|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||232|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||241|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||262|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||223|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||184|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||201|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||209|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||213|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||218|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||203|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||212|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||209|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Greater Johnstown SD School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 663 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 83% has increased from 82% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $14,698 is higher than the state average of $13,057. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $13,226 is higher than the state average of $12,924. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$46 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$41 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$14,698||$13,057|
|Spending / Student||$13,226||$12,924|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.