Muhlenberg SD School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 4 public schools managed by Muhlenberg SD School District serving 3,645 students in Reading, Pennsylvania.
- Minority enrollment is 57% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Pennsylvania state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is equal to the state average of 15:1.
Muhlenberg SD School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Reading C E Cole Intermediate School3630 Kutztown Road
Reading, PA 19605
Grades: 5-6 | 567 students
- Reading Muhlenberg El Center610 Sharp Avenue
Reading, PA 19605
Grades: K-4 | 1279 students
- Reading Muhlenberg Middle School801 E Bellevue Ave
Reading, PA 19605
Grades: 7-9 | 875 students
|School District Name||Muhlenberg SD School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||3,645 students|
|# of Teachers||242 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
|# of Male Students||1,826 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,819 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||69 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||1,648 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||220 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,564 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||4 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||138 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||243|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||227|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||255|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||276|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||278|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||279|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||288|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||308|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||280|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||287|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||300|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||280|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||344|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Muhlenberg SD School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 663 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 94% has increased from 92% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $13,726 is higher than the state average of $13,057. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $13,674 is higher than the state average of $12,924. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$48 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$48 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$13,726||$13,057|
|Spending / Student||$13,674||$12,924|
We provide an overview and current status of the Race to the Top program that was designed as an incentive and funding program to promote education reform in public school districts across the country.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.