Northern Tioga SD School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 5 public schools managed by Northern Tioga SD School District serving 2,126 students in Elkland, Pennsylvania.
- Minority enrollment is 4% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is less than the Pennsylvania state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Northern Tioga SD School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Elkland Clark Wood Elementary School110a Ellison Road
Elkland, PA 16920
Grades: PK-6 | 316 students
- Westfield Cowanesque Valley Junior Senior High School51 North Fork Road
Westfield, PA 16950
Grades: 7-12 | 395 students
- Tioga Russell B Walter Elementary School65 Jct Cross Road
Tioga, PA 16946
Grades: PK-6 | 493 students
- Westfield Westfield Area Elementary School1355 Route 49
Westfield, PA 16950
Grades: PK-6 | 376 students
- Tioga Williamson Senior High School33 Jct Cross Road
Tioga, PA 16946
Grades: 7-12 | 546 students
|School District Name||Northern Tioga SD School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||2,126 students|
|# of Teachers||175 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
|# of Male Students||1,071 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,055 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||5 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||5 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||20 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||13 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||2,036 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||45 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||60|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||180|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||172|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||174|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||163|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||146|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||153|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||137|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||151|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||165|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||171|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||166|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||141|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||147|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Northern Tioga SD School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 663 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 85-89% has decreased from 90-94% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $15,168 is higher than the state average of $13,057. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $13,556 is higher than the state average of $12,924. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$32 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$28 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$15,168||$13,057|
|Spending / Student||$13,556||$12,924|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.