Pequea Valley SD School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 4 public schools managed by Pequea Valley SD School District serving 1,535 students in Paradise, Pennsylvania.
- Minority enrollment is 15% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Pennsylvania state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 10:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Pequea Valley SD School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Paradise Paradise Elementary School20 N Belmont Rd
Paradise, PA 17562
Grades: K-6 | 461 students
- Kinzers Pequea Valley High School4033 E Newport Rd
Kinzers, PA 17535
Grades: 9-12 | 522 students
- Kinzers Pequea Valley Intrmd School166 S New Holland Rd
Kinzers, PA 17535
Grades: 7-8 | 241 students
- Gap Salisbury Elementary School422 School Lane Rd
Gap, PA 17527
Grades: K-6 | 311 students
|School District Name||Pequea Valley SD School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,535 students|
|# of Teachers||157 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
|# of Male Students||756 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||779 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||14 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||139 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||31 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,301 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||47 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||104|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||116|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||106|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||137|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||105|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||116|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||88|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||121|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||120|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||133|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||123|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||140|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||126|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Pequea Valley SD School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 663 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has increased from 85-89% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $18,212 is higher than the state average of $13,057. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $15,743 is higher than the state average of $12,924. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$31 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$27 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$18,212||$13,057|
|Spending / Student||$15,743||$12,924|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.