Pequea Valley SD School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 2 public elementary schools managed by Pequea Valley SD School District serving 772 students in Paradise, Pennsylvania.
- Minority enrollment is 16% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Pennsylvania state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Pequea Valley SD School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,535 students|
|# of Teachers||157 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
|# of Male Students||756 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||779 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||14 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||139 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||31 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,301 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||47 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||104|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||116|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||106|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||137|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||105|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||116|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||88|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||121|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||120|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||133|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||123|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||140|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||126|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Pequea Valley SD School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 663 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has increased from 85-89% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $18,212 is higher than the state average of $13,057. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $15,743 is higher than the state average of $12,924. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$31 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$27 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$18,212||$13,057|
|Spending / Student||$15,743||$12,924|
Public school graduates in New Haven can now go to college on Yale’s dime. Learn more about the New Haven Promise that could spark similar programs across the country.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.
Students all over the nation go hungry every day not because their schools don’t offer lunch, but because they refuse them to children with outstanding debts. Read on to learn about the horror that is lunch shaming and what can be done about it.