Pittston Area SD School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 4 public schools managed by Pittston Area SD School District serving 3,280 students in Pittston, Pennsylvania.
- Minority enrollment is 11% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is less than the Pennsylvania state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is more than the state average of 15:1.
Pittston Area SD School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Pittston Pittston Area Middle School120 New Street
Pittston, PA 18640
Grades: 5-8 | 1013 students
- Pittston Pittston Area Primary Center210 Rock Street
Pittston, PA 18640
Grades: PK-1 | 439 students
- Pittston Pittston City Intrmd Center110 New Street
Pittston, PA 18640
Grades: 2-4 | 813 students
|School District Name||Pittston Area SD School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||3,280 students|
|# of Teachers||182 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
|# of Male Students||1,628 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,652 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||34 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||154 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||146 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||2,905 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||4 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||35 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||235|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||203|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||267|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||273|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||274|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||258|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||256|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||257|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||242|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||272|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||242|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||264|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||237|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Pittston Area SD School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 663 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 91% has decreased from 95% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $12,502 in this school district is less than the state average of $13,057. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,842 is less than the state average of $12,924. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$41 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$39 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$12,502||$13,057|
|Spending / Student||$11,842||$12,924|
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.