Pocono Mountain SD School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Pocono Mountain SD School District serving 1,444 students in Swiftwater, Pennsylvania.
- Minority enrollment is 43% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is more than the Pennsylvania state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Pocono Mountain SD School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Swiftwater Pocono Mountain East High School231 Pocono Mountain School Roa
Swiftwater, PA 18370
Grades: 9-12 | 1444 students
|School District Name||Pocono Mountain SD School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,444 students|
|# of Teachers||116 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
|# of Male Students||751 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||693 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||37 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||285 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||293 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||820 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||4 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||4 students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||336|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||358|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||334|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||416|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Pocono Mountain SD School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 663 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 96% has increased from 88% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $20,226 is higher than the state average of $13,057. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $19,797 is higher than the state average of $12,924. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$199 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$194 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$20,226||$13,057|
|Spending / Student||$19,797||$12,924|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.