Reading SD School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 2 public high schools managed by Reading SD School District serving 5,515 students in Reading, Pennsylvania.
- Minority enrollment is 95% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Pennsylvania state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is more than the state average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Reading SD School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||17,280 students|
|# of Teachers||972 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
|# of Male Students||8,700 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||8,580 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||7 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||73 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||14,419 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||1,503 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||948 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||3 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||327 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||1,866|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||1,447|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||1,494|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||1,434|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||1,442|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||1,372|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||1,392|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||1,318|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||1,180|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||1,119|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||1,373|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||835|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||1,008|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Reading SD School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 663 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 67% has increased from 61% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $12,926 in this school district is less than the state average of $13,057. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $13,464 is higher than the state average of $12,924. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$228 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$238 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$12,926||$13,057|
|Spending / Student||$13,464||$12,924|
After massive budget cuts and claims of economic inequity within the state’s public school system, districts are taking matters in their own hands and suing the state for the mess.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.
Students all over the nation go hungry every day not because their schools don’t offer lunch, but because they refuse them to children with outstanding debts. Read on to learn about the horror that is lunch shaming and what can be done about it.