Springfield Township School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 4 public schools managed by Springfield Township School District serving 2,337 students in Oreland, Pennsylvania.
- Minority enrollment is 26% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Pennsylvania state average of 32%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Springfield Township School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Oreland Springfield Township El Sch-enfield Elementary School1118 Church Rd
Oreland, PA 19075
Grades: K-1 | 405 students
- Flourtown Springfield Township El Sch-erdenhm Elementary School500 Haws Ln
Flourtown, PA 19031
Grades: 2-5 | 759 students
- Glenside Springfield Township High School1801 E Paper Mill Rd
Glenside, PA 19038
Grades: 9-12 | 646 students
- Oreland Springfield Township Middle School1901a E Paper Mill Rd
Oreland, PA 19075
Grades: 6-8 | 527 students
|School District Name||Springfield Township School District|
|# of Schools||4|
|# of Students||2,337|
|# of Teachers||170|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14|
|# of Male Students||1,153|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,184|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||4|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||80|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||134|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||299|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,728|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||91|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||200|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||205|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||200|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||195|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||191|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||173|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||174|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||185|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||168|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||183|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||146|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||163|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||154|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Springfield Township School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 663 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $20,223 is higher than the state average of $13,048. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $31,325 is higher than the state average of $12,915. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$45 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$69 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$20,223||$13,048|
|Spending / Student||$31,325||$12,915|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.