Tacony Academy Charter School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Tacony Academy Charter School District serving 1,062 students in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Minority enrollment is 69% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Pennsylvania state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is more than the state average of 15:1.
Tacony Academy Charter School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Philadelphia Tacony Academy Charter School 1300 Rhawn Street
Philadelphia, PA 19111
Grades: K-12 | 1062 students
|School District Name||Tacony Academy Charter School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,062 students|
|# of Teachers||64 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
|# of Male Students||500 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||562 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||38 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||231 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||357 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||326 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||105 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||77|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||77|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||80|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||79|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||80|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||73|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||75|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||72|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||67|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||103|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||107|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||94|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||78|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Tacony Academy Charter School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 663 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80-84% has increased from 70-74% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $4,600 in this school district is less than the state average of $13,057. The school district revenue/student has grown by 24% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $4,785 is less than the state average of $12,924. The school district spending/student has grown by 24% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$4 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$4 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$4,600||$13,057|
|Spending / Student||$4,785||$12,924|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.