Tamaqua Area SD School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 4 public schools managed by Tamaqua Area SD School District serving 2,138 students in Tamaqua, Pennsylvania.
- Minority enrollment is 9% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Pennsylvania state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is equal to the state average of 15:1.
Tamaqua Area SD School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Tamaqua Tamaqua Area Middle School502 Penn Street
Tamaqua, PA 18252
Grades: 6-8 | 535 students
- Tamaqua Tamaqua Area Senior High School500 Penn St
Tamaqua, PA 18252
Grades: 9-12 | 643 students
- Tamaqua Tamaqua Elementary SchoolBoyle Ave
Tamaqua, PA 18252
Grades: K-5 | 645 students
- New Ringgold West Penn Township Elementary School185 School Dr
New Ringgold, PA 17960
Grades: K-5 | 315 students
|School District Name||Tamaqua Area SD School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||2,138 students|
|# of Teachers||142 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
|# of Male Students||1,085 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,053 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||10 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||105 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||37 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,956 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||30 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||189|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||117|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||146|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||160|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||166|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||182|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||171|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||170|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||194|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||165|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||150|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||175|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||153|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Tamaqua Area SD School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 663 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has increased from 80-84% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $12,507 in this school district is less than the state average of $13,057. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $13,807 is higher than the state average of $12,924. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$27 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$29 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$12,507||$13,057|
|Spending / Student||$13,807||$12,924|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.