Universal Alcorn CS School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Universal Alcorn CS School District serving 459 students in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Minority enrollment is 99% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Pennsylvania state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 23:1 is more than the state average of 15:1.
Universal Alcorn CS School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Philadelphia Universal Alcorn Charter School 3200 Dickinson Street
Philadelphia, PA 19146
Grades: K-8 | 459 students
|School District Name||Universal Alcorn CS School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||459 students|
|# of Teachers||20 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1|
|# of Male Students||215 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||244 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||9 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||10 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||433 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||4 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||3 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||26|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||59|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||63|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||78|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||58|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||68|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||37|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||43|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||27|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Universal Alcorn CS School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 663 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $13,161 is higher than the state average of $13,057. The school district revenue/student has grown by 11% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $13,723 is higher than the state average of $12,924. The school district spending/student has grown by 11% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$6 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$6 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$13,161||$13,057|
|Spending / Student||$13,723||$12,924|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.