Upper Moreland Township SD School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 4 public schools managed by Upper Moreland Township SD School District serving 3,073 students in Willow Grove, Pennsylvania.
- Minority enrollment is 27% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is less than the Pennsylvania state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is equal to the state average of 15:1.
Upper Moreland Township SD School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Willow Grove Upper Moreland High School3000 Terwood Road
Willow Grove, PA 19090
Grades: 9-12 | 936 students
- Hatboro Upper Moreland Intermediate School3990 Orangemans Road
Hatboro, PA 19040
Grades: 3-5 | 696 students
- Hatboro Upper Moreland Middle School4000 Orangemans Road
Hatboro, PA 19040
Grades: 6-8 | 698 students
- Hatboro Upper Moreland Primary School3980 Orangemans Road
Hatboro, PA 19040
Grades: K-2 | 743 students
|School District Name||Upper Moreland Township SD School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||3,073 students|
|# of Teachers||211 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
|# of Male Students||1,523 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,550 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||146 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||267 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||265 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||2,256 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||4 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||134 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||246|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||248|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||249|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||229|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||252|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||215|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||213|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||261|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||224|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||209|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||240|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||232|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||255|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Upper Moreland Township SD School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 663 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has decreased from 97% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $16,166 is higher than the state average of $13,057. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $16,940 is higher than the state average of $12,924. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$50 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$52 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$16,166||$13,057|
|Spending / Student||$16,940||$12,924|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.