Pickens Co High School
Pickens Co High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alabama for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Pickens Co High School's student population of 266 students has declined by 12% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has declined by 34% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||266 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Pickens Co High School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank||#986 out of 1,264 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Pickens County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Reform Reform Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 290 students
815 7th Ave Sw
Reform, AL 35481
(205)375-6351 0.1 K-6 290
- Gordo Gordo Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 651 students
535 4th St Nw
Gordo, AL 35466
(205)364-8480 7.3 K-6 651
- Gordo Gordo High School Grades: 7-12 | 550 students
630 4th St Nw
Gordo, AL 35466
(205)364-7353 7.3 7-12 550
- Carrollton Ladow Technical Center Grades: 10-12
377 Ladow Center Cir
Carrollton, AL 35447
(205)367-8195 12.1 10-12 n/a
- Millport South Lamar School Grades: PK-12 | 555 students
300 Sls Road
Millport, AL 35576
(205)662-4411 12.9 PK-12 555
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.