Powell Valley Primary
- Powell Valley Primary's student population of 661 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 40 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||661 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Powell Valley Primary's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank||#483 out of 1,796 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Wise Co Pblc Schs School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Big Stone Gap Powell Valley Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 450 students
3137 Second Avenue East
Big Stone Gap, VA 24219
(276)523-0195 0.3 5-8 450
- Appalachia Appalachia Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 307 students
3965 Kent Junction Road
Appalachia, VA 24216
(276)565-1115 2.9 PK-8 307
- Norton J.i. Burton High School Grades: 8-12 | 279 students
109 11th St
Norton, VA 24273
(276)679-2554 6.7 8-12 279
- Norton Norton Elementary School Grades: PK-7 | 510 students
205 E Park Ave
Norton, VA 24273
(276)679-0971 7.7 PK-7 510
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.