Putnam County High School
Top Placements (Georgia)
Putnam County High School is Listed among the top public schools in Georgia for:
- Category Attribute
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 20%)
- Putnam County High School's student population of 737 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 48 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||737 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||48 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Putnam County High School is ranked within the top 50% of all 2174 schools in Georgia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (GA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Putnam County High School is Putnam County School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 198 school districts in Georgia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Putnam County School District's student population of 2,863 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 90-94% has increased from 63% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $13,103 is higher than the state average of $9,937. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $16,132 is higher than the state average of $9,903. The district spending/student has grown by 38% over four school years.
|School District Name||Putnam County School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||2,863||3,295|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate||90-94%|
|District Total Revenue||$37 MM||$33 MM|
|District Spending||$45 MM||$33 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$13,103||$9,937|
|District Spending / Student||$16,132||$9,903|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Eatonton Putnam County Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 582 students
140 Sparta Hwy
Eatonton, GA 31024
(706)485-8547 5.4 6-8 582
- Eatonton Putnam County Elementary School Grades: 3-5 | 688 students
314 S Washington Ave
Eatonton, GA 31024
(706)485-5312 6.6 3-5 688
- Eatonton Putnam County Primary School Grades: PK-2 | 856 students
162 Old Glenwood Springs Rd
Eatonton, GA 31024
(706)485-5141 7.3 PK-2 856
- Greensboro Lake Oconee Charter Grades: PK-10 | 740 students
5800 Lake Oconee Pkwy, 6326 La
Greensboro, GA 30642
(706)454-1562 10.3 PK-10 740
- Madison Morgan County Elementary School Grades: 3-5 | 727 students
1640 Old Buckhead Rd
Madison, GA 30650
(706)342-5039 13.1 3-5 727
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.