Achievement First Rhode Island School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Achievement First Rhode Island School District serving 169 students in Providence, Rhode Island.
- Minority enrollment is 95% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Rhode Island state average of 40%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is more than the state average of 14:1.
Achievement First Rhode Island School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Providence Achievement First Iluminar Elementary School 370 Hartford Avenue
Providence, RI 02909
Grades: K-1 | 169 students
|School District Name||Achievement First Rhode Island School District|
|# of Schools||1|
|# of Students||169|
|# of Teachers||11|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15|
|# of Male Students||78|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||91|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||1|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||119|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||37|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||8|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||3|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||84|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||85|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Achievement First Rhode Island School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 57 school districts in Rhode Island (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (RI)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $39,006 is higher than the state average of $22,026. The school district revenue/student has grown by 6% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $39,456 is higher than the state average of $23,620. The school district spending/student has grown by 6% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (RI)|
|Total Revenue||$7 MM||$30 MM|
|Spending||$7 MM||$32 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$39,006||$22,026|
|Spending / Student||$39,456||$23,620|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.