Beacon Charter School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Beacon Charter School District serving 231 students in Woonsocket, Rhode Island.
- Minority enrollment is 29% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Rhode Island state average of 41%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is more than the state average of 13:1.
|School District Name||Beacon Charter School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||231 students|
|# of Teachers||17 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
|# of Male Students||69 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||162 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||5 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||6 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||32 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||13 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||163 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||12 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||60|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||59|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||57|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||55|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Beacon Charter School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 57 school districts in Rhode Island (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (RI)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $13,443 in this school district is less than the state average of $22,360. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $12,313 is less than the state average of $23,978. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (RI)|
|Total Revenue||$3 MM||$30 MM|
|Spending||$3 MM||$32 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$13,443||$22,360|
|Spending / Student||$12,313||$23,978|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.