New Shoreham School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by New Shoreham School District serving 112 students in Block Island, Rhode Island.
- Minority enrollment is 16% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Rhode Island state average of 40%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 5:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
New Shoreham School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Block Island Block Island SchoolHigh Street
Block Island, RI 02807
Grades: K-12 | 112 students
|School District Name||New Shoreham School District|
|# of Schools||1|
|# of Students||112|
|# of Teachers||23|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5|
|# of Male Students||61|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||51|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||13|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||94|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||3|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||2|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||9|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||8|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||6|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||5|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||6|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||10|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||9|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||12|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||12|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||14|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||6|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||7|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||8|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- New Shoreham School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 57 school districts in Rhode Island (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 50% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (RI)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $42,982 is higher than the state average of $22,026. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $44,723 is higher than the state average of $23,620. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (RI)|
|Total Revenue||$5 MM||$30 MM|
|Spending||$5 MM||$32 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$42,982||$22,026|
|Spending / Student||$44,723||$23,620|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.