Samuel W Mason
- Samuel W Mason's student population of 231 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has declined by 19% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||231 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Samuel W Mason's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has increased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1583 out of 1,671 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Boston School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jamaica Plain Community Academy Grades: 9-12 | 44 students
25 Glen Road
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
(617)635-8950 0.1 9-12 44
- Roxbury Dudley Street Neighborhood Charter School Grades: PK-5 | 292 students
6 Shirley Street
Roxbury, MA 02119
(617)227-8055 0.2 PK-5 292
- Roxbury Orchard Gardens Grades: PK-8 | 886 students
906 Albany Street
Roxbury, MA 02119
(617)635-1660 0.4 PK-8 886
- Dorchester Dearborn Grades: 6-12 | 309 students
60 Washington St
Dorchester, MA 02121
(617)635-8412 0.5 6-12 309
- Dorchester Boston Collegiate Charter School Grades: 5-12 | 680 students
11 Mayhew Street
Dorchester, MA 02125
(617)265-1172 0.6 5-12 680
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.
Students all over the nation go hungry every day not because their schools don’t offer lunch, but because they refuse them to children with outstanding debts. Read on to learn about the horror that is lunch shaming and what can be done about it.