Sand Lake-miller Hill School
- Sand Lake-miller Hill School's student population of 409 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has grown by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||409 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Sand Lake-miller Hill School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#1272 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Averill Park Central School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Averill Park Averill Park High School Grades: 9-12 | 955 students
146 Gettle Rd
Averill Park, NY 12018
(518)674-7000 1.6 9-12 955
- Averill Park Algonquin Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 632 students
333 Ny Rt 351
Averill Park, NY 12018
(518)674-7100 2.6 6-8 632
- West Sand Lake West Sand Lake Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 385 students
24 Meeler Rd
West Sand Lake, NY 12196
(518)674-7175 3.4 K-5 385
- Poestenkill Poestenkill Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 371 students
1 School Rd
Poestenkill, NY 12140
(518)674-7125 3.9 K-5 371
- Wynantskill Gardner-dickinson School Grades: K-8 | 359 students
25 East Ave
Wynantskill, NY 12198
(518)283-4600 7.2 K-8 359
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.