Scapa At Bluegrass Middle School
Scapa At Bluegrass Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Kentucky for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 1%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 1%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 1%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Scapa At Bluegrass Middle School's student population of 277 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 31 teachers has grown by 19% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2015)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-8|
|Total Students||277 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Scapa At Bluegrass Middle School is ranked within the top 1% of all 1,251 schools in Kentucky (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has decreased from 11:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KY)|
|Overall School Rank||#4 out of 1,251 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Fayette County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lexington Fayette County Preschool Grades: PK | 86 students
165 Springhill Dr
Lexington, KY 40503
(859)381-4105 0.1 PK 86
- Lexington Picadome Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 505 students
1642 Harrodsburg Rd
Lexington, KY 40504
(859)381-3563 0.3 PK-5 505
- Lexington Southside Technical Center Grades: 9-12
1800 Harrodsburg Rd
Lexington, KY 40504
(859)381-3603 0.3 9-12 n/a
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.