School Of Science And Technology
School Of Science And Technology places among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- School Of Science And Technology's student population of 776 students has declined by 15% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 53 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||776 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||53 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- School Of Science And Technology's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#3464 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||NEW YORK CITY GEOGRAPHIC DISTRICT #22 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brooklyn Brooklyn College Academy Grades: 9-12 | 616 students
350 Coney Island Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11218
(718)951-5941 0.1 9-12 616
- Brooklyn Midwood High School Grades: 9-12 | 4011 students
2839 Bedford Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11210
(718)724-8500 0.1 9-12 4011
- Brooklyn Central Brooklyn Ascend Charter School Grades: K-3 | 346 students
465 E 29th St
Brooklyn, NY 11226
(917)246-4800 0.5 K-3 346
- Brooklyn P.S. 269 Nostrand Grades: 3-5 | 322 students
1957 Nostrand Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11210
(718)941-2800 0.5 3-5 322
Learn how you can help improve your child's food options in public school cafeterias.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.