Sheldon Point School
Sheldon Point School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alaska for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Sheldon Point School's student population of 61 students has grown by 17% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 5 teachers has declined by 16% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||61 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Sheldon Point School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 466 schools in Alaska (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2014-15 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has increased from 9:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank||--||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||17:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lower Yukon School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Alakanuk Alakanuk School Grades: PK-12 | 215 students
9 School Road
Alakanuk, AK 99554
(907)238-3312 12.3 PK-12 215
- Emmonak Emmonak School Grades: K-12 | 215 students
Emmonak, AK 99581
(907)949-1248 19.9 K-12 215
- Mountain Village Mountain Village School Grades: K-12 | 237 students
100 High School Road
Mountain Village, AK 99632
(907)591-2204 47.3 K-12 237
- Scammon Bay Scammon Bay School Grades: K-12 | 231 students
Scammon Bay, AK 99662
(907)558-2000 53.1 K-12 231
- Kotlik Kotlik School Grades: K-12 | 197 students
20129 School Road
Kotlik, AK 99620
(907)899-4415 53.6 K-12 197
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.