Sourn High School
Sourn High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Maryland for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Sourn High School's student population of 1,047 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 64 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2009)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,047 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||64 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Sourn High School is ranked within the top 5% of all 1,367 schools in Maryland (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Anne Arundel County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lothian Lothian Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 465 students
5175 Solomons Island Rd
Lothian, MD 20711
(410)222-1697 2.9 PK-5 465
- Lothian Sourn Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 764 students
5235 Solomons Island Rd
Lothian, MD 20711
(410)222-1659 3.1 6-8 764
- Davidsonville Davidsonville Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 683 students
962 Central Ave West
Davidsonville, MD 21035
(410)222-1655 3.6 K-5 683
- Edgewater Center Of Applied Technology-south Grades: 9-12
211 Central Ave E
Edgewater, MD 21037
(410)956-5900 5.0 9-12 n/a
We’ll report on a new partnership between schools in Chicago and Boston that is bringing an award-winning digital education platform to their schools. So what exactly is Boom Writer?
We've put together this resource guide to help students and adults get the help they require to choose a good language immersion program.
We examine the oldest school district west of the Mississippi River – the Hawaii Department of Education.