Calhoun 01 School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 3 public schools managed by Calhoun 01 School District serving 1,798 students in Saint Matthews, South Carolina.
- Minority enrollment is 66% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the South Carolina state average of 48%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is less than the state average of 16:1.
Calhoun 01 School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Saint Matthews Calhoun County High School150 Saints Avenue
Saint Matthews, SC 29135
Grades: 9-12 | 461 students
- Saint Matthews St. Matthews K-8 School135 Saints Avenue
Saint Matthews, SC 29135
Grades: PK-8 | 661 students
- Swansea Sandy Run School450 Old Swamp Road
Swansea, SC 29160
Grades: PK-8 | 676 students
|School District Name||Calhoun 01 School District|
|# of Schools||3|
|# of Students||1,798|
|# of Teachers||119|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15|
|# of Male Students||916|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||882|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||10|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||2|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||97|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||1,073|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||607|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||8|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||114|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||143|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||136|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||147|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||145|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||132|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||129|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||141|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||130|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||120|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||118|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||133|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||103|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||107|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Calhoun 01 School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 85 school districts in South Carolina (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has increased from 85-89% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (SC)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $13,217 is higher than the state average of $10,151. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $18,980 is higher than the state average of $10,341. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (SC)|
|Total Revenue||$23 MM||$39 MM|
|Spending||$33 MM||$40 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$13,217||$10,151|
|Spending / Student||$18,980||$10,341|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.