Calhoun 01 School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 3 public schools managed by Calhoun 01 School District serving 1,798 students in Saint Matthews, South Carolina.
- Minority enrollment is 66% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the South Carolina state average of 48%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is less than the state average of 16:1.
Calhoun 01 School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Saint Matthews Calhoun County High School150 Saints Avenue
Saint Matthews, SC 29135
Grades: 9-12 | 461 students
- Saint Matthews St. Matthews K-8 School135 Saints Avenue
Saint Matthews, SC 29135
Grades: PK-8 | 661 students
- Swansea Sandy Run School450 Old Swamp Road
Swansea, SC 29160
Grades: PK-8 | 676 students
|School District Name||Calhoun 01 School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,798 students|
|# of Teachers||119 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
|# of Male Students||916 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||882 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||10 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||2 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||97 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||1,073 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||607 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||8 students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||114|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||143|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||136|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||147|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||145|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||132|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||129|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||141|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||130|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||120|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||118|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||133|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||103|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||107|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Calhoun 01 School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 85 school districts in South Carolina (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has increased from 85-89% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (SC)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $13,217 is higher than the state average of $10,151. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $18,980 is higher than the state average of $10,341. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (SC)|
|Total Revenue||$23 MM||$39 MM|
|Spending||$33 MM||$40 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$13,217||$10,151|
|Spending / Student||$18,980||$10,341|
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.