Clarendon 01 School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 2 public elementary schools in Clarendon 01 School District, serving 426 students.
- Public elementary schools in Clarendon 01 School District have an average math proficiency score of 24% (versus the South Carolina public elementary school average of 44%), and reading proficiency score of 21% (versus the 41% statewide average). This district's average elementary school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public elementary schools in South Carolina.
- Minority enrollment is 94% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the South Carolina public elementary school average of 50% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is more than the South Carolina public elementary school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Clarendon 01 School District|
|School District Website||http://www.clarendon1.k12.sc.us/|
|School District Phone Number||(803) 485-2325|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (SC)|
|# of Schools||2 Schools||959 Schools|
|# of Students||426 Students||550,365 Students|
|# of Teachers||27 Teachers||36,765 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
- Clarendon 01 School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 84 school districts in South Carolina (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 70-79% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (SC)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||1,869 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||8,585 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||10 Students||54,757 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||385 Students||184,736 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||27 Students||275,129 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||747 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||4 Students||24,387 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||39||23,523|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||50||54,423|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||50||57,187|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||52||57,012|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||52||60,332|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||64||60,891|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||61||61,385|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||58||59,110|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||52,881|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||52,128|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||3,394|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||3,070|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||2,742|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||2,287|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $16,460 is higher than the state average of $10,235. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $17,174 is higher than the state average of $10,515. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (SC)|
|Total Revenue||$14 MM||$39 MM|
|Spending||$14 MM||$40 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$16,460||$10,235|
|Spending / Student||$17,174||$10,515|
Clarendon 01 School District Public Elementary Schools (2020-21)
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.