Clarendon 01 School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public high school in Clarendon 01 School District, serving 212 students. Public high school in Clarendon 01 School District have an average math proficiency score of 45% (versus the South Carolina public high school average of 52%), and reading proficiency score of 70% (versus the 67% statewide average). This district's average high testing ranking is in the top 50% of public high schools in South Carolina.
- public high school in Clarendon 01 School District have a Graduation Rate of 74%, which is less than the South Carolina average of 81%.
- The school with highest graduation rate is Scott's Branch High School, with 70-79% graduation rate. Read more about public school graduation rate statistics in South Carolina or national school graduation rate statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 96% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the South Carolina public high school average of 46% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 10:1 is less than the South Carolina public high school average of 16:1.
|School District Name||Clarendon 01 School District|
|School District Website||http://www.clarendon1.k12.sc.us/|
|School District Phone Number||(803) 485-2325|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (SC)|
|# of Schools||1 School||304 Schools|
|# of Students||212 Students||238,883 Students|
|# of Teachers||22 Teachers||15,625 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||16:1|
- Clarendon 01 School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 84 school districts in South Carolina (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 70-79% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (SC)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||767 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||3,947 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||1 Student||19,489 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||201 Students||78,551 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||9 Students||128,191 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||314 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||1 Student||7,558 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||16|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||881|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||918|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||980|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||1,059|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||1,078|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||1,106|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||2,585|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||2,951|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||3,215|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||65||63,494|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||56||57,753|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||50||52,720|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||41||50,127|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $16,460 is higher than the state average of $10,235. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $17,174 is higher than the state average of $10,515. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (SC)|
|Total Revenue||$14 MM||$39 MM|
|Spending||$14 MM||$40 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$16,460||$10,235|
|Spending / Student||$17,174||$10,515|
Clarendon 01 School District Public High Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math/Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Scott's Branch High School 9253 Alex Harvin Highway
Summerton, SC 29148
Grades: 9-12 | 212 students
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.