Clarendon 01 School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public middle school in Clarendon 01 School District, serving 119 students.
- Public middle school in Clarendon 01 School District have an average math proficiency score of 12% (versus the South Carolina public middle school average of 39%), and reading proficiency score of 22% (versus the 40% statewide average). This district's average middle school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public middle schools in South Carolina.
- Minority enrollment is 96% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the South Carolina public middle school average of 48% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is equal to the South Carolina public middle school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Clarendon 01 School District|
|School District Website||http://www.clarendon1.k12.sc.us/|
|School District Phone Number||(803) 485-2325|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (SC)|
|# of Schools||1 School||331 Schools|
|# of Students||119 Students||203,795 Students|
|# of Teachers||8 Teachers||13,440 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
- Clarendon 01 School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 84 school districts in South Carolina (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 70-79% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (SC)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||796 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||3,314 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||4 Students||18,686 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||109 Students||65,914 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||5 Students||106,844 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||296 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a||7,880 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||1,149|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||3,217|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||3,514|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||3,477|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||3,779|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||3,809|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||4,943|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||52,667|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||63||57,851|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||56||57,025|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||3,598|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||3,307|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||2,979|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||2,480|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $16,460 is higher than the state average of $10,235. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $17,174 is higher than the state average of $10,515. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (SC)|
|Total Revenue||$14 MM||$39 MM|
|Spending||$14 MM||$40 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$16,460||$10,235|
|Spending / Student||$17,174||$10,515|
Clarendon 01 School District Public Middle Schools (2020-21)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Scott's Branch Middle School 9253 Alex Harvin Highway
Summerton, SC 29148
Grades: 7-8 | 119 students
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.