Spartanburg 04 School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 4 public schools managed by Spartanburg 04 School District serving 2,738 students in Woodruff, South Carolina.
- Minority enrollment is 27% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the South Carolina state average of 49%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is more than the state average of 16:1.
Spartanburg 04 School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Woodruff Woodruff Elementary School915 Cross Anchor Road
Woodruff, SC 29388
Grades: 3-5 | 598 students
- Woodruff Woodruff Middle School205 S. J. Workman Highway
Woodruff, SC 29388
Grades: 6-8 | 601 students
- Woodruff Woodruff Primary200 Lucy P. Edwards Road
Woodruff, SC 29388
Grades: PK-2 | 771 students
|School District Name||Spartanburg 04 School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||2,738 students|
|# of Teachers||160 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
|# of Male Students||1,370 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,368 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||4 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||24 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||241 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||353 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,994 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||3 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||119 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||157|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||197|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||204|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||213|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||199|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||211|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||188|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||208|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||196|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||197|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||205|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||198|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||190|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||175|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Spartanburg 04 School District, which is ranked within the top 10% of all 85 school districts in South Carolina (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80% has increased from 75-79% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (SC)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $8,721 in this school district is less than the state average of $10,528. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $8,744 is less than the state average of $10,726. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (SC)|
|Total Revenue||$25 MM||$39 MM|
|Spending||$25 MM||$40 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$8,721||$10,528|
|Spending / Student||$8,744||$10,726|
We provide an overview and current status of the Race to the Top program that was designed as an incentive and funding program to promote education reform in public school districts across the country.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.