Viborg-hurley 60-6 School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Viborg-hurley 60-6 School District serving 86 students in Lesterville, South Dakota.
- Minority enrollment is 5% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the South Dakota state average of 25%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
Viborg-hurley 60-6 School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Lesterville Viborg-hurley Ms - 03 Middle School501 Adams St
Lesterville, SD 57040
Grades: 5-8 | 86 students
|School District Name||Viborg-hurley 60-6 School District|
|# of Schools||1|
|# of Students||86|
|# of Teachers||7|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12|
|# of Male Students||53|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||33|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||n/a|
|% Hispanic Students||n/a|
|# of Black Students||3|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||82|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||1|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||20|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||22|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||28|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||16|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Viborg-hurley 60-6 School District, which is ranked within the top 10% of all 146 school districts in South Dakota (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2011-2012 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of PS% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (SD)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥90%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-89%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $21,895 is higher than the state average of $11,542. The school district revenue/student has grown by 9% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $18,942 is higher than the state average of $11,062. The school district spending/student has grown by 9% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (SD)|
|Total Revenue||$2 MM||$4 MM|
|Spending||$2 MM||$3 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$21,895||$11,542|
|Spending / Student||$18,942||$11,062|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.